Warren Redevelopment and Planning Corporation
|Warren Redevelopment and Planning Corporation (WRAP) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) Corporation formed in 1980 to assist the City’s Economic Development efforts. Under contracts with the City, WRAP currently performs the following functions:
Commercial Property Development
- Assists commercial development throughout the City through the purchase, stabilization and resale of commercial properties.
- Provides public project management and assists with sale or development of City-owned sites.
- Assists private developers with site selection, project design and financing.
- Manages the Warren Business Exchange. The WBE is a hybrid business incubator designed to nurture, support and strengthen the "business - side" functions of each member business by providing structured guidance for existing early stage and start up businesses in Warren. See www.warrenbusinessexchange.com.
- Assists local business with Federal, State or Local incentive programs.
Business Loan Administration
- Manages of the City's business development loans and facade loans for targeted commercial districts.
Design Review per City Codified Ordinance Chapter 157
- Reviews proposed signs and building improvements/alternations within the Central Business District and issues Certificates of Appropriateness to City Building Department.
Downtown Parking Management
- Manages Franklin Street Parking Garage – permit or daily parking.
- Manages High/Seneca parking lot – permit parking.
- Monitors on-street parking within Downtown District.
- Provides Economic Development Technical Assistance on public and/or private projects.
- Reviews development proposals submitted to the City and provides analysis.
Facade Improvement Grant Opportunity